Tuesday 30 July 2013

Mary Mary Quite Contrary How Does Your Garden Grow?

A thought is just a thought and a thought can be changed!

Lately I have been paying attention to the attitudes of others.  I think about the thoughts that they say out loud.  I look at what it is that have or do not have in their lives.  And look at what it is that they are striving for.  And then I look at what it is that I am wanting to create in my life and what my thoughts are that are surrounding it.

What I find is that if I do not have something it is because I have a limiting belief that is not allowing that into my life.  Some lie that I have convinced myself to be true.  I have allowed this lie to take root in my thoughts.  That lie rooted in fear has grown and started to overtake my positive thoughts.  Much like weeds in an untended garden. These weeds or negative thoughts can grow large and unruly. They can begin to block out our light.  Drag us into depression. We do not need to allow this to happen to us.  As I said in the beginning, a thought is just a thought and a thought can be changed.

All of our power exists in the present moment.  I spend a lot of time reading Louise Hay's book - You Can Heal Your Life.  One thing that she reminds us in that book is that we control our mind.  We are in control of the thoughts that we think.  When we are in victim mode we focus on how hard it is to make any changes to our thoughts.  Especially if we have believed a lie wrapped in fear for a long time.  Here is one thing to keep in mind: Your old thought is already gone; you cannot change that thought but you can take control over your current thought.  If you are struggling to believe that you can change your thoughts here is an affirmation from Louise.  I now choose to believe it is becoming easier for me to make changes.  Repeat that over and over.  Write it over and over.  And soon you will find it is indeed easier to make changes.  Release your resistance to change.  Embrace the greatness that is coming to you.  Release the fear so that you may make room for the abundance.

This may seem like work at first.  After all you could be hacking away at an untended garden that has been that way for a lifetime.  But the work is worth it.  You will no longer be a helpless victim of your own thoughts, but rather a master of your own mind.

I have an area in my life where I have a self-limiting belief.  It surrounds my Women's Camping.Coaching Retreat.  I have one scheduled for the 23rd through 25th of August.  Registrations are not where I want them to be at this moment. Negative thoughts creep in.  "Cancel it.  No one is interested.  It isn't worth the money.  Why would someone listen to you? Don't waste your time."  Today I am tending to my garden.  I am releasing the need to think these thoughts any longer.  It will all work out the way that it should. Benefiting my greatest good.  I know that I have created this program with love.  I have been witness to how it can change the lives of others.  And how it positively influences my life to be part of the experience.  I also know that a retreat that allows women to come together.  To support one another.  To rewrite our stories of our past and to take us from victim to victor.  This program is more valuable than even I can put into words right now.  Women leave the weekend stronger and more confident.  They leave with a support system.  And they pass the message or at least part of it on to others.

What a shame it would be for me to allow some weeds to stand in the way of all of that.

Do you have any areas in your life where the weeds are taking over?  Where will you start weeding today?  Or perhaps you just need to start planting new flowers of positive thoughts. What will your garden look like at the end of the day? Week?  Month?

I wish you a day as beautiful as you.  Remember: You are loved, lovable, loving, worthy and deserving.  So go get your gardening gloves on.  Pull a weed.  Plant a seed.

Much much Love,

Lisa


5 comments:

  1. I'd go on a camping retreat with you any day. :) I suffer from many of the same negative thoughts regarding my work but this year my gardening has come to let me see that my inner critic is Never right. I might have only cleared a patch of garden compared to acreage of my whole life, but man, is this corner starting to shape up nicely. Now, where is that weed whacker?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. You could co-facilitate the retreat! And I also have a spare week whacker in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right. Nothing limits me as much as I limit myself. I can talk myself out of success much more easily than I can talk myself into it. I need something to help me defeat the defeatist chatter of my inner critic. I have learned to believe that I have gifts and skills by reminding myself where they all come from. I call for help saying, "My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." It reminds me that when I reach the limit of my own abilities, I won't be at the end of my help. It really does wonders to squelch the inner chatter that says I am a big failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the hardest part about limiting beliefs is the awareness...like you said you don't have something because you are not allowing it in your life and it's so easy to make excuses and blame all the outside factors. But once you have that awareness you've sprayed the weed with weed killer, you just have to keep spraying until you can pull it out and plant a new seed. I like this metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Self doubt it a wonderful thing (not really) but we all suffer from it! Its how we handle it that we have to work on. Its funny but I am about to launch my own tool soon about self-doubt - i wonder if I will think like you (probably). The thing is we have to keep on going, keep believing and moving forward. What is meant for us will happen, in the end. Just believe. You are almost there. Keep watering your garden :)

    ReplyDelete