Friday 9 August 2013

GET OUT FROM UNDER MY SKIN!!!!!!!

Do you ever find that people around you really irk you?  Like they have an instruction manual on how to get under your skin?  

I know that in my life I currently have three people who do stuff that make me see red.  I get angry, frustrated and annoyed just thinking about what it is that they do to make me crazy.  
I was thinking about that this morning and I realized that there is a common denominator in all of these situations.  Can you guess what it is?  Want a hint?  It is me.  

These individuals are just reacting to a situation and doing the very best that they can in that present moment.  They are not purposely trying to make me annoyed/irritated/angry.  They quite possibly are feeling the same way themselves.  So it is my job to figure out what they are triggering in me.  Perhaps someone in my past always reacted in a similar way.  And I need to revisit that memory, send it love and forgive myself and the event.  

One person likes to play the role of the victim.  It is always someone else's fault that their life is turning out the way that it is.  They live to play the blame game.  This annoys me.  Especially when they are blaming me.  LOL.  Do you ever have a person like this in your life?  Where they just refuse to take responsibility for anything?  Does it make you crazy?  Do you ever just want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them?  That is how I would like to react.  Going forward what I am going to do is show them love and patience.  I recognize that they are in victim mode.  That does not mean that I need to switch into that mode with them.  I can stand in my strength and help them negotiate the situation or at least not fuel their flame.  And when I get home, I can look for areas in my life where I have lived in the role of the victim.  I can remember how it felt to act that way.  I can send love to the person I once was.  And I can forgive myself for how I acted then.  That wasn't my true self that was showing up in that moment.  

Another person who irritates my ego is the know it all. The person who likes to argue with me on the topic I know the most about it.  I don't get why they do it.  It is crystal clear that I know more than they do.  Why are they still talking?  LOL.  Can you tell that they offend my ego?  When I step back from this situation I am able to see that this triggers a part in me that was once not heard.  Where I voiced my opinion and the other party was not willing to listen.  I felt that I was not heard.  My ego wants to react in a way that would cause me to speak over top of them.  To be louder.  Because everyone knows the person who speaks the loudest is the one with the most intelligent thing to say.  LOL.  In an effort to let go of this trigger I will think of all of the times I felt I was not heard.  I will listen to what I was trying to say.  I will acknowledge the lesson.  And I will forgive myself and the situation.  I will also be more understanding whenever I come across the "know it all".

The third person hits me closest to home.  This person works hard to live up to everyone else's expectations of them.  And people aren't expecting many positive things from them.  So they are living up to stereotypes that move them further and further away from their true self.  I know what this is all about as I spent years living like that.  It hurts my heart to see them living this way.  I would love to wrap my arms around them and tell them that they are loved.  I believe in them.  They can and will do amazing things.  They just need to learn to love themselves rather than seek love and acceptance from outside.  Their actions trigger me because I am still forgiving myself.  And that is okay because we are all works in progress.

Moving forward I will do my best to let my true self show up in every situation.  And if for some reason it is my ego that appears then I will debrief the day with my true self and see where I have work to do.  Do all things with love and you will see the best outcomes.  At the end of the day...it all works out the way it should benefiting our greatest good.  Rest easy believing in that.  

Holding all of you in Love and Light.

Much Love,

Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your transparency and being real

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies! Thank you so very much for your compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Lisa, great post as always. Love the honesty and especially love the idea of sending love to myself at the point in time when I wasn't acting true to Myself. I'm totally adopting that! Also, tomorrow we Must look over one of those handouts I emailed you. It is my favorite tool for looking at victim space and a more conscious response to it (from ourselves and others). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post. I am very confused, but I am not very philosophical. I have to think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great illustration you laid out there. Our relationships with others are mirrors showing us our relationships with ourselves. Once we realize this and are able to do the inner work, the magic begins to show itself in our other relationships too. Gotta love the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way of looking at this. I'm going to use this formula to find what people in my life are exposing in my shadow self. Not to make me wrong, but to find that part of me and send it love. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an authentic, insightful, and relatable post. Fantastic job. Our egos all struggle with someone. But what we see in others is usually something we see in ourselves, so learning to forgive, love, and have more acceptance while hard is also probably very helpful to our own well being. Thanks for the reminder Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brave and bold to call yourself as the common denominator. You're totally right though - it's up to us to choose how to respond to others and whether we let them get the better of us. Here's to another day for the greater good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It takes guts to accept the common denominator of these frustrations is you! I have found that taking 100% responsibility is both the hardest and yet most transformative thing we can do for ourselves. Thanks for writing such a transparent article that lets me see deeper into my own truth. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Michael on this one - it takes a lot of courage to accept being the common denominator. Thanks for the insights and truth(bombs). This was a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete