Monday 15 July 2013

Loving what you do makes all the difference.



I have been thinking about this post since Friday.  I didn't take the time to write it until now because I spent the weekend camping with the family.

On Friday I went for lunch with a friend of mine.  He is a successful realtor and he works a lot.  Long hours. Many days in a row.  When I asked him what he was spending the weekend doing...he told me that he was working.  I asked him what he thought about the hours that he put in and whether or not it is worthwhile.  He told me that he loves hat he does so much that it doesn't seem like work.  And his hard work affords him  life style that he can go and enjoy his time off when he takes it.

When I was driving home from my lunch I noticed that a busy intersection was being directed by two traffic cops.  As I was waiting in the loooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg line I couldn't help but think of what those officers must have thought when they received that assignment.  I was thinking...busy intersection, beautiful Friday afternoon, yup, I would not want that job.  As I edged closer to the intersection one of the officers was directing me to turn left.  He kept edging me closer to the other lane.  Further and further and further.  Until I was literally in inch from his shins.  He then acted like I hit him.  Put on a clown act and a great big grin.  I laughed and laughed.  It made my entire day.  He made it into a joke.  And that made me realize why it is important to make the best of every situation.

It made me think...Loving what you do makes all the difference in the world.  It gives you the extra energy and enthusiasm to keep moving forward.  To have fun in a situation when others would frown through it.  To get up every day and make an impact.  Do you love what you do?  Do you love it so much to see it through?
My wish for you is that you do.  There will be days that are hard and frustrating.  But in the end it will all be worth it.  Do what you Love and See it Through.

Wishing you a day as Beautiful as you!

Much Love,
Lisa





2 comments:

  1. Lisa, that's beautiful. Loving what we do is what helps us power through the drudgery that accompanies even the most loved job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading and getting something from my post :)
    Much Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete