Tuesday 1 October 2013

The End of One Challenge and The Beginning of Another

Wow!  It is October already.  Where has the year gone?  I feel like it has flown by.  I have spent the month of September attempting to eat clean and motivate others to do so as well.  And now that October has kicked off it is time for another 31 Day Blog Challenge!

I loved the last blog challenge that I participated in back in July.  And now I am prepared to jump right into this one.

October is the month of Thanksgiving for Canadians.  It is honestly one of my favorite months of the year.  I love the autumn leaves.  I love the smells.  I love the thought of the trees shedding their leaves and the Earth receiving them in an effort to re-purpose them into something new and fresh.  I love that we usually get one snow fall in October and this reminds me that we always have a fresh start available to us.

I believe October has so much to teach us.  And we can learn much from it.  For example:

Are you carrying around a bunch of thoughts, ideals, or values that no longer serve you?  Are you willing to let them go like the trees release the leaves?  Are you ready to re-purpose the energy towards something new and fresh that is more in line with your current values?  When you let go of those thoughts and ideals that no longer serve you, you feel an renewed sense of energy.  And you are able to pour that energy into whatever your heart desires.

We also always have the opportunity to start fresh.  We can start fresh by simply thinking new thoughts.  All too often we work ourselves into a position where we do not believe that we have the gift of choice.  We feel there is no choice and we are stuck and so begins the down hill spiral. The amazing thing about life is that we do indeed have choices.  We always have choices.  That being said there are times in our lives when the choice is between bad and worse but there is always a choice.  When you get feeling stuck, stop, and get quiet.  Spend some time getting in touch with your breathing.  Connect with yourself.  And ask yourself....which choice can I make in this very moment that will get me closer to how it is that I want things to be.  Which choice really honors my true self?  And when you do that...you will start to feel better.  Just like that.  To feel even better still...follow through on that choice.  Take action.  Even small steps will assist with that.  And just like that....you have a fresh start.

Throughout the month of October I would like to end my blog post by sharing something I am grateful for. So today, in this very moment, I am grateful for the 31 Day Blog Challenge.  It provides me that gentle push to blog again.  And I love my blog.  It allows me to spend time getting quiet and in touch with my higher self or my true self.  It allows me to share that message with all of you.  And for that...I am grateful.

I wish you a day as Beautiful as you!

Much Love,
Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Annnd now that it's October you're continuing your clean eating stuff with more clean eating stuff. I'd be reaching for cake but that's just me ;p. So glad we're blogging again. God save the Queen. Oh wait, that's for Tilla. What do Canadians say for no apparent reason, just cause they can??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kieta, we say 'May all your double-doubles come with Timbits'. Those of us who drink coffee and eat cake, that is. Actually, I just made that up. It sounded so much better than admitting to saying 'eh'.

      Delete
    2. Susan - That is so funny!!!!! Love it!

      Delete
    3. Buwahahahaha. That totally just made my day, even though I'm late seeing it. In my world, double doubles are hamburgers from a fast food place called In N Out. Of course, they don't have them in Chicago, so it made me a bit homesick but I'm super intrigued about coffee and cake And burgers and whatever timbits for for burgers could be. Hmmm, I'm hungry now!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! What is your blog address? I will be sure to visit!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa,

    I appreciate your reminders about being grateful and appreciating the fresh start of autumn. We have so much to be thankful for.

    Sending you a wave and best wishes for the blog challenge from the other side of the rockies.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And may all your double doubles come with timbits! LOL

      Delete
  4. I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving here in Barbados as much as we seem to have adopted Halloween. Loved this post and the analogy you made of seeing the falling leaves as shedding old toxic thoughts. I need to get cracking on my de-tox programme especially since I do have a lot in my life to be grateful for. Glad you are enjoying the 31 day blog challenge and that you are motivated to write more; will be looking out for your next posts.

    Feel free to come on over and join me at http://galeweithers.wordpress.com - I'd love to have you visit.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete