Thursday 3 October 2013

One of Those Days!

Have you ever woke up in one of those deep, dark moods?  Where the rage, and the anger and the annoyance and the irritation just oozed out of you?  Today was one of those days for me.  When my eyes first opened I was annoyed with....everything...even myself.  A place in my brain said...remember to be thankful, thankful for the roof over your head, the nice warm bed, a beautiful, healthy daughter and a handsome loving husband.  I heard that voice and for a split second I was thankful and then....I slipped right back into the annoyance.  I was grouchy in the shower, grouchy feeding animals, grouchy making smoothies.  Scratch that...I was especially grouchy while making my smoothie. Why do I need to stir more than the f'n blender does?  What is up with that?  Sure the fruit was frozen solid but IT IS A BLENDER!  BLEND DAMMIT!!!!!

This was not the kind of start to my morning that I was wanting.  I didn't want to be feeling this way and I knew that.  I also knew that I could change how it is that I feel just by thinking different thoughts.  I completed my 40/40 miracles exercise.  Then carried right through to creating a passion statement that is part of Dina Mikaela's Body By Design program.  I get that I was a grouchy rageaholic but that is no excuse not to follow through on my morning routine.  Also part of my routine is to check in on blogger bff.  I am not going to lie....I was counting on her to have some words of wisdom or wackiness that would cheer me up.  And it was the right thing to do.  A few minutes of instant messaging had me giggling about bathrobes and sneaking up on deer.  I was feeling better.

Oh sure, the annoyance returned when my husband called ten minutes later asking me to come and pick him up.  But it quickly dissolved.  There may also be more times today where the annoyance and anger bubble up to the the surface but I don't have to spend my time and energy hanging out with those emotions  I can feel better whenever I want to.  I just need to think of something that feels better.  I know that I have a choice.  And I can choose to feel better in an instant.

Want to know something?  You can too.  You don't have to wallow in feelings of stress, fear, anger, sadness.  You can choose to feel better.  Stop focusing on how terrible you feel and redirect your thoughts to something happier.  Perhaps images of you chasing deer through the forest wearing a bathrobe.  Or an episode of Big Bang Theory that made you burst out laughing.  Whatever it is....it is only a thought away.  Give yourself the gift of feeling better.

Today I am grateful for the knowledge that I can choose how I feel.

On that note....I wish you a day as Beautiful as you!

Much Love,

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Who on earth would chase deer in a bathrobe, is what I want to know? :) Also, since I've been reading amazing, motivational blog posts after a super great nap, it occurs to me to share a statement recently given to me in regards to what we Know we can do. I was expressing frustration with myself for the number of times I have to recenter and focus on what I know to do and this person very calmly said, "It's called a spiritual practice for a reason. Whether you recenter once a day or a hundred, the point is that you do. Practice practice practice. You've got this."

    ReplyDelete