Sunday 13 October 2013

When Faced With Change

Our journeys are all very similar.  Even if we are not moving in the same direction.  Yesterday my Dad and I went to their North place to work with some horses.  As my Dad brought them in to the pen it was great to watch.

You could see that they were uncertain as to what was going on and whether or not they really wanted to be there. As we let them settle for a minute a couple of them felt that they were comfortable enough to graze.  Some were checking out the entire pen - determining where the boundaries were.  And three were taking great care to keep their heads up, eyes open and watching to be certain that we were not going to cause them harm.  These three would run from us when we entered their space.  One even went to the extreme of jumping over a fence to avoid us.

I don't know about you...But I can tell you that I am very much like each of these horses in different situations.  When I am faced with change and it is something that I knew was coming and it was something I wanted...I was happy to relax into the change.  Take on an attitude like...I am here now...might as well get comfortable.  When the change is a bit of a surprise and I am not sure exactly what it means to me but it seems like an adventure...I am like the horses who scouted out the pen.  I want to see what it all looks like.  I want to know what my boundaries are.  And when there is a change that wasn't my idea.  That I wasn't prepared for. That I didn't see the value in making...I am very much like the latter three horses.  I keep my head up.  I run from the change.  I protect myself at all costs.  I act from a place of fear.  Rather than a place of faith that it will all work out.  

How is it that you view change?  Do you approach it from a place of Fear or Faith?  Do you find that it differs depending on the extent of change you are facing?

Today I am grateful that I am celebrating Thanksgiving with my Parents, Husband and Daughter.  That we are healthy and able to enjoy these days with one another.

I wish you a day as Beautiful as You!

Much Love,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, I'm all of the horses too, though you're missing the horse that broke down in tears and pitched a huge temper tantrum for the change it knew it needed but still didn't want to make :)

    ReplyDelete