Monday 7 October 2013

Monday! The Enemy!

Good Morning Monday!!!!  I woke up this morning grateful for all of the comforts that life has afforded me.  I was super excited for the new day and ready for all of the wonder that the week holds.  And then....I mindlessly checked my facebook newsfeed.  Wow, I am getting the impression that people are not a fan of Mondays.  This makes me wonder why Monday is the enemy. 

I know when Monday was the enemy for me...and it was whenever I was in the corporate world and not loving it.  And because I felt trapped and had no choice I took it out on Monday.  The dreaded day of the week that forces me out of a warm bed and into a shit hole.  Once I got out of bed Monday would fling things at me.  A flat tire, an accident, frosted windshield, spilled coffee, alarm clock that didn't go off, the coffee table that somehow moved in the middle of the night, slow traffic, and all of the other irritations that Monday threw my way.  Mondays were exhausting.  I would spend them being annoyed, irritable and defensive.  After all....Monday was the enemy.  I even found that Monday would sometimes disguise itself as other days of the week and bring all of its nasty tricks with it. 

Nowadays Monday is no longer the enemy.  I quit my job.  I gave myself permission to start living life my way.  And with that change came a steep learning curve that I need to be more responsible and with that responsibility comes accountability.  I learned to stop blaming days of the week, or others for the times that I wasn't happy with the way my life was turning out.  I realize that isn't quite as simple as that to actually put into practice.  I even find myself back in that mindset at times.  But I know that I don't have to choose to stay there.

Since today is Monday I want to do something that I don't LOVE to do but I feel GREAT when it is complete.  So today...I will sort through old mail/bills and file it away.  This will set my Tuesday up to be even better than my Monday. 

How about you?  What is it that you can do today that will either change your outlook on Monday or at the very least set your Tuesday up for success?

I wish you a day as Beautiful as you,

Much Love,
Lisa

Ps:  Today I am grateful for the energy and enthusiasm I feel towards new business ideas....stay tuned for details!


Just for Giggles! Thanks to Facebook...Meanwhile In Canada Page:

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Mondays! For me, it symbolizes the start of a new week - which means a start to new goals. Put aside feelings of guilt of whatever wasn't accomplished last week and plunge on ahead and try to get it done this week. Monday is HOPE. I start Monday mornings with bringing my kids to school, then taking part in a celebration call where we call everyone on our team who has moved their business forward the week before. We give them a big loud WOOT WOOT! It is really fun and I suggest to somehow add this to your Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda! I love that is how you start your day. All too many people get stuck in the Monday trap. Celebrate the new opportunities that lie before you.

      Delete