Saturday 12 October 2013

I don't feel like blogging...

No Sir! No Blogging Today!  (I hope you read that to the tune of "I don't feel like dancing" Scissor Sisters.

Blogging seems to be a huge challenge.  I have a ton of blog posts that are partially composed.  All of them brilliant of course.  However, I really don't feel like finishing them.  Do you ever get that way?  Where you just would rather...not?  

I must be in a self sabotaging mode.  I have been eating rather clean. Nothing processed, no white flour, limited high quality meats, no dairy, sugar only in the form of red wine...but that is clean because it is made from grapes.  And we all know that grapes are a fruit.  May I take this moment to remind you that the Canadian Food Guide recommends 7-8 servings of fruit per day.  So...I am just trying to follow the rules.

All kidding aside I had been eating clean.  And in the last two days...I have veered of track dramatically.  I have had a cheese burger, french fries, mashed potatoes and gravy, meatballs, fresh baked homemade buns,  potato chips and a healthy slice of cherry pie.  The word healthy referring to the serving size rather than the nutritional value.  And I am not going to lie...the meatballs, gravy, potatoes, buns, and pie...were absolutely delicious.  The heavily processed foods were far from good.  To call them food seems to be stretching the definition of the word to its outermost limits.And I am paying the price of my gluttony.  

If you are reading this post and wondering what the hell my point is....I don't blame you.  My body is using all of its energy trying to figure out how to digest all that I have inhaled in the last two days.  So the purpose of this blog is to remind myself...that I don't do well on sugar, white flour and all of the mystery chemicals that lurk within processed foods. 

In order to honor my temple...I will acknowledge that I  actually hear what it is trying to tell me.  I will treat it with more love and kindness.  Tomorrow I will start the day off with a smoothie.  And I will do my very best to say no to potato chips.  I will not guarantee that I will be able to avoid the two cherry pies on the counter.  Hmmm, that makes me wonder....how would they be in a breakfast smoothie?  I mean really, I put fruit in the smoothie...what can a few cherries hurt?

I wish you a day as beautiful as you!

Much Love,
Lisa
Ps:  Today I am grateful for my weekend with my beautiful family.  And for the work and the effort that my Mom put into creating all of those delicious foods.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my holy crap I now want cherry pie in a smoothie. That is quite possibly the best sounding thing I've ever heard of. Of course, I've already had breakfast and there are no pies in my house, but it still sounds AMAZING. I'm with you though, my body has been trying to tell me that my taste buds are Way off in determining what my body actually needs and that if I just suck it up and go a few days without what I currently find delicious, it will support me in enhancing the flavor of nutritious foods. Grumble Grumble.

    ReplyDelete