Sunday 23 June 2013

What Are You Waiting For???

Today has had waiting as its theme.  Some of the things that I was waiting on were of little importance and others were a matter of life and death.

Today and for the past few days we have been waiting near the phone for an update on the health of my Great Aunt Donna.  There is no delicate way to word it other than it is appearing she is at the end of her days.  She is surrounded by those who love her and are there to provide comfort.  None of us wish to she her go and we keep holding out hope that she will make a miraculous recovery.  Aunt Donna you are Loved.

The other thing that I have been waiting on certainly is less important but worth mentioning none the less.  I have been waiting four months to run out of excuses.  You see in February I was preparing to post a video.  And then I have spent every day since then coming up with every excuse in the book not to write the script and not to press record.  I was able to get really creative with them.  In fact I don't think that I ever reused a single excuse.

Today I decided...no more excuses...I will just make the video and upload it.  Well....I made the video.  It took me less than 5 minutes.  In fact it took me longer to set up the tripod.  I was super excited.  And then I decided...hey I need to edit the video.  So I did what most people in a hurry do.  I googled the solution.  Chose the first link that offered video editing software and then tried seven times to get it installed properly.  From there I spent a couple of hours teaching myself how to make the software work.  Success!!!!!  Next I was off to youtube....create account - check, upload video - fail!!!  WTF!!!!  This video is not in an acceptable format for youtube! Gah!!!  Are you kidding me?

So instead of being patient and finding a new software....I just posted the original video sans editing.  Was this the best choice?  Maybe not.  But...I posted my video.  I never made excuses and got hung up on it being perfect.  I just posted it.  As is.  And then...I waited....and....waited....and waited....96 minutes.  Who ever would have thought it could take that long.  So if you would like to view this epic video please feel free to watch this video.  And share it with your friends  :)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OB4xyoLbVA&feature=youtu.be

This has proven to be a great reminder to me.  You do not have to be great to start but you have to start to be great.

What is it that you are waiting for? Are you waiting and wishing your life away? Is there something you are making excuses about?  Are you avoiding living while waiting for the "perfect" moment?  I can tell you that the perfect moment will never arrive.  It will simply pass you by in disguise.  The time is now.  Do it now.  If it didn't work, do it over again.  Try something else. Change it up.  But do something!  That will put you miles ahead of those who are too scared to even start.

If I can post a video on youtube for all the world to see...you can stop making excuses and start working on your project.  For extra support...head to my website... www.dreamitachieveit.ca and sign up for my newsletter.

Leave your excuses behind and live a little.

Much Love,

Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment