Wednesday 5 June 2013

Perspective and Perception are Personal

I wish I could tell you what direction this blog was going to head in as I sit down and write but I can't.  The troubles of the day are weighing heavily on my shoulders.  So much so I feel pressed into the ground.

You see, I woke up sore, like I had somehow been to battle in my sleep.  My energy levels depleted.  My spirit dim.  But still I faced the day with as much energy as I could muster.  I was given the gift of life today and I wasn't wanting to waste it.

I went to the bank and found out that a new bank policy could cause me to lose a bunch of money.  And a call from the CRA just added to the weight of the day.  I struggled to figure out how to bounce back from this.  Where was the lesson? What are my beliefs surrounding money that are affecting my ability to let it come into my life?  I was racking my brain....what is the lesson?  How can I learn it and share with others?
I didn't have a long time to ponder on this because my phone started to ring. A few text messages in and I realized that I had absolutely nothing to complain about.

Life changes in an instant.  I went from feeling sorry for myself over a few thousand dollars to learning someone's livelihood hangs in the balance.  That would have been more than enough to take in but I soon found out a life hung in the balance.

What a sobering moment.  I found that in a period of seven minutes it can become a matter of life and death. Suddenly all the money in the world becomes worthless when it compares to the life of a loved one.

Some days don't turn out the way you wish.  In fact not all days do.  But count your blessings that you woke up to today.  Some people weren't that lucky.

Make today great!  Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Much Love,
Lisa

R.I.P Alvin Eddy.  I may never have met you, but I know that you were loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment