Saturday 2 March 2013

Courageous Self Leadership


You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it. - Benjamin Mee - We Bought A Zoo

Have you ever had a moment consisting of 20 seconds of courage?  What did you find came of it?

I find that my life recently is filled with moments such as this.  I believe that everyone who comes across my path has done so for a reason.  I call upon those seconds of bravery every time I attempt to learn said reason.  It is often easier to turn my head and avert my eyes than to actually speak to people.  But I also find that it is also nowhere near as rewarding.  Whenever I am brave and step outside my comfort zone I find that these people teach me something, they touch my life, they present an opportunity for me to touch their life.

I often say to people...live life joyfully.  I would like to amend that statement...lead a joyful life.  Do not let life just happen.  Actively LEAD your life joyfully in a direction that you would like to go.  Practice courageous self leadership.  You can't expect to lead others if you are not actively leading your own life.

I will write more on this topic shortly but for now...Dare to be doing and Do something daring!

Lead a Joyful Life,

Much Love,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment