Saturday 9 March 2013

Be Who You Are and Be Great At It

Today Chris, Delaney and I went to the local pool with two of our friends.  While we were there we noticed a walker parked at the waters edge.  This is not something that I was expecting to see at the pool.  Granted...it has been YEARS since I went to a public swimming pool during public swim hours.  I spent a moment scanning the water to see who the owner of the walker was.  No one stood out to me.  As I joined my family and friends in the water I found myself floating next to a couple who were obviously in enjoying their time together.  She had her arms wrapped around his neck and they were laughing and enjoying one another's company.  When the buzzer sounded signalling that the waves were about to begin the man scooped the woman up and carried her to the waters edge.  It was only then that the owner of the walker became apparent.  He placed her gently next to the walker and they made their way to the whirlpool.

This reminded me that we are the ones that limit ourselves.  The woman at the pool could have let her obvious physical disability stop her from doing many things in life.  She could spend her days sitting at home feeling sorry for herself but instead...she is at a public pool rocking a bikini and leading a joyful life with a man she adores.  Would you be doing the same if you were here?

What areas in your life are you limiting yourself?  What can you do better?  How could you lead your life rather than just living it?  I need to take some time to answer these questions and then I will be sure to share the answers.

In the meantime...
Lead Life Joyfully

Much Love,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment