Thursday 28 February 2013

Don't Let "Competition" Stop You



Recently I have been really wondering about whether or not I should make that leap and write a book.  Everyone and their dog seems to be an author these days.  Dogs are actually writing books...I kid you not.
A Dog's Life - Peter Mayle
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein
A Dog's Purpose - W. Bruce Cameron
A Big Little Life - Trixie Koontz (Dog of Dean Koontz)

Enough about Dog Authors - You get the picture.

There are hundreds of millions of books written in the world.  Books have been written ever since we figured out how to put pen to paper or perhaps more accurately...chisel to stone.

Just because someone else has done it before you does not mean that you cannot do it.  There are books upon books have been written on the same topics even and yet people continue to write.  Last night a friend asked me...Do you ever lose faith in your coaching because so many other people are doing it?  My response to her was this...I have no competitors.  Only fellow aspirants.  We think of competition in a negative connotation.  We think that there is a limited amount of something and others may somehow rob us of what we are striving for.  When we adjust our mindset and look at them as fellow aspirants we are not coming from a negative place.  We are rising to challenge and bringing our best self with us.  We are showcasing our talents.

Think of it this way...we all choose a book for different reasons.  Some people like a flashy cover.  Some like hardcovers whereas others prefer paperback.  Some like a large print - others small.  I prefer to hold an actual book in my hand vs. an ebook reader.  Regardless we have probably all read books written on similar topics by different authors.  Each one of those authors brings their very own special touch to the topic.

The same goes for us.  We are each unique individuals blessed with a certain gift that only we possess. Our entire purpose for being on this planet is to let that gift show up in every situation we encounter. I will write my book knowing that the message I share will touch the people it is intended to touch and that message will resonate within them.  The only bad thing that can happen from me writing the book is that I don't risk writing it at all.

I urge you to take a chance.  Believe in yourself.  Ignore the voice of fear and do something that you know that you really want to do.  You are not alone.  You have all the strength, wisdom and power within yourself to reach greater heights than you have even imagined.

I wish you well on your journey.

Much love and many blessings,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment