Monday 6 February 2017

The Perfect Place To Start

Have you ever struggled to find the perfect place to start? It likely started with a feeling of dissatisfaction. A desire to change and then soon following that, a feeling of overwhelm.

I have been there so many times. Let me take blogging for example. I "used" to write a consistent blog. For thirty-one days in a row. One entire month of July. Nearly 4 years ago. Something had inspired me to say yes to a blog challenge all those years ago. Perhaps it was because blogs were what you had to have in order to establish yourself as an expert. Or maybe it was because all of the cool kids were doing it. I cannot remember my why at the time. All that I can remember is that it was a hugely rewarding experience. For more than a few reasons. One of them being that I met my BFF (Blogging Friend Forever) there. We have since evolved into actual besties. Even though we have never met in real life. Sometime in early August of 2013, I gave up blogging. I would post sporadically here and there. And was never consistent with it. I was so inconsistent with it that I cannot remember where I even hosted the blog I briefly entertained last year. Have you been there?

Now, that you have more than enough back story, let us get on with the point.

You have decided that something needs to change. You can feel it in your bones. And you have no idea where to find the starting line. Let me help with that.

The starting line is the line in the sand. The demarcation line as Brendon Burchard calls it in his book, The Motivation Manifesto . The line you draw when you are no longer willing to accept the status quo. You start from that decision.

It has been said that the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time to plant a tree is today.

Once you have made the decision to start. Do just that. Start. Today. Start today with where you are and what you have. You can learn new skills as you go. You can get new tools and equipment next time you are out. Start right now.

Allow me to demonstrate what I mean by that. I asked my beloved BFF (Kieta Synnove) on Saturday if she were willing to commit to blogging daily. We agreed to start Monday. In my mind, we said for 30 days. However, looking back at the exact timeline, we did not put any timeline in place. So for the sake of walking my walk rather than just incessant talking, I am committing to 30 days of Blogging. 30 days in a row of blogging.

So, I got Kieta on board and then quickly realized...shit...I have no idea how to actually put this up on my website. Technolo-Geez at its finest. I tried to make arrangements with Kieta to fit in a little training time, and alas, she has a life and is busy. The nerve of her.

Now, in all likelihood, you are reading this blog post on blogger. Not at www.rebelhearted.com, which is my fancy website. I have committed to starting where I am at. #noexcuses . It can be transferred over later. Or never. Either way, I am not allowing it to be my excuse for not starting.

Let me sum it all up for you. The perfect place to start is with the decision to start. The second step is to start from where you are at, with what you have got. Right now. Today.

Want to supercharge your staying power? Tell someone what you have committed to. I dare you to comment on this very post and tell me what you are committing to.

Did you know that only 8% of people can achieve a goal on their own? Want to increase your potential for success? Connect with me to talk about Coaching with Love and Accountability. You can EMAIL ME HERE

I look forward to learning what you are starting, and watching your journey.

Wishing you a day as beautiful as you. I will see you tomorrow.

So much Love and Gratitude,
Lisa

Ps: Want more of me? Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment